Local Host Refresh Page Terms of Use All Boards Members Post a New Poll Post a New Thread

Aanraku Stained Glass » Aanraku_Stained_Glass_Messageboard » Re: circle panel
In Reply to:Re: circle panel by idfid
Scampi
Member: 1,118
I had the same problem with circles (and ovals, actually). What I did was cut a strip of very stiff cardboard, about 2" wide, then I folded the strip in half. I made cuts into one half along the entire length of the strip (much along the lines of the cuts you put in sharp curved seams when you make clothes, to ensure that the seam lays flat). The "cut" part is placed down on the table, while the solid part remains upright. You can then shape the cardboard strip into a circle the size you want (make sure you cut the initial cardboard strip long enough. You can secure the (now) cardboard circle with pushpins at various intervals to keep it stable. Where the two ends join, I just staped them together. Look, it's not going to be as rigid as one would expect when using a metal frame with pushpins, but if you don't push too hard when getting your glass pieces arranged, it holds up fairly well. The one I made has been rolled up and put in a large yoghurt tub to keep it safe and to keep its shape. I still use it from time to time.
07/Jul/2008 at 4:59:28 AM  

The Entire Thread:

Search All Threads Browse By Date